Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spring Fever!

Today felt like the first day of Spring! It might as well have been for us Virginians who have been trapped inside our homes for the past four months. After having school closed for snow just a few weeks ago, today was a breath of fresh air (pun intended) for my kids and I. We took full advantage of the weather and ventured off to the park. I was so excited to discover a great park right next to our home. The Ellanor C. Lawrence Park has two large play structures for the kids (safe for my two year old and challenging enough for my 4 year old), huge fields for open play, biking and hiking trails, and a picnic area.


Today's weather couldn't have come at a better time. One more day indoors would have been unhealthy for all of us. It's funny, because right around the onset of fall, I was exhausted from summer's activities and excited to begin a new season of days being forced to stay home and spend quality time together, and cozy nights drinking hot tea and reading. It seems that every season comes at the perfect time :)




This new season has also inspired me to start a new season in my life as well. The past few months seem like a blur from the business and clutter (ahhh the clutter!!) that have piled up in our house and in our family. With so many things that need to be done each day, and so many goals that I want to accomplish, I've been left in a whirlwind of events, to-do's, and did I mention the clutter?? I am praying that this new season be a season where as I begin to declutter and organize the outside, I can also declutter and organize myself on the inside...prioritize...Seek. First. His. Kingdom. More on that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment